Fibromyalgia is a disorder characterized by extensive musculoskeletal pain and is accompanied by fatigue, sleep, and mood issues. Mistaken for arthritis this syndrome affects the muscles and soft tissue. Lack of proper tests and conflicting symptoms leads to confusion in diagnosis and treatment. The chronic pain which is widespread throughout the body is more common in young and middle-aged women. The pain affects both sides of the body in areas including the neck, arms, shoulder, and upper back. Lifestyle changes, stress management coupled with few medicines helps to manage this condition. All ovszer the world about 1-2 % population is affected by this disorder
The primary Symptoms
The underlying symptoms and their intensity vary from person-to-person. Since there are no laboratory or imaging tests for getting a diagnosis, the doctor will arrive at a decision on studying the symptoms to decide if you have fibromyalgia .The chronic ailment is characterized by.
- Chronic muscle pain
- Fatigue and exhaustion
- Restiveness and trouble in sleeping
- Tenderness of the bones and joints
- Anxiety, stress and depression
- Changes the normal functioning of the bowel.
- Cognitive problems
. These symptoms are quite confusing as these common issues can be linked to some other ailment.
The misunderstood and untreated Disorder
Since the symptoms are not very distinctive and clear the condition is many a times misdiagnosed even by medical specialists like neurologists, pain management specialists and rheumatologists. Fibromyalgia is beyond the authentic analysis of reproducible tests and the doctors cannot pinpoint the real cause and etioligy of this illusive condition. The pain can be deep or, sharp, or throbbing. The pain comes and goes and it could travel throughout the body. However after continuous research over the years the clinical tests reveal that there are some biological as well as immunological disorders which are also linked with the problem..
Main triggering factors
Depending on the person and their symptoms, there can be a range of possible causes that can trigger this condition. These include;
- Hereditary reasons,
- Hormonal imbalances,
- Prolonging illness
- Due to occurrence of chemical reactions inside the body. For example
- Dietary changes
- Change in lifestyle
- Change in sleeping patterns
- Change in weather
- Overconsumption of carbohydrates like sugar
- Consumption of caffeine
- Loud sounds
Opt for Natural Stress Relievers
. Few safe home remedies to ward off pain.
- Moderate amount of exercise
- Weight loss regime in case of obesity
- Eat the right food
- Practicing set sleeping patterns
- Avoiding alcohol, or drugs and other harsh drinks which will affect the bones.
- Intake of Vitamin D which is good for bones and muscles
What other Medications to Use
After establishing the diagnoses, the main aim is to manage the recurring pain and try to lead a normal life. Thereare some patients who recover by adopting natural measures such as yoga and naturopathy. Generally, patients are advised to take experimental medicines such as anti -depressants and pain killers by doctors
Main Two approaches
- Antidepressants including Cymbalta and Savella have shown positive results in Fibromyalgia.
- Pain relievers and drugs such as ibuprofen or Advil, tramadol or Ultram have significant effects on extreme pain and are the best since they which do not have any side effects.